Sunday, June 2, 2013

Upcoming French Teen Zombies Out to Get Our Hearts


I’ve never had much time for zombies. Vampires, yes – especially if Isabelle Adjani is having her neck bitten (see Werner Herzog’s Nosferatu the Vampyre for further details), but the lumbering un-dead?

Pack a chainsaw and stick to wide-open spaces and you should be fine. And while many have discerned low-budget satire in the zombie films of director George A Romero, and  others watch the American cable drama The Walking Dead as assiduously as I watch Mad Men, for me this resurrection shuffle seem only fit for ridicule. Come on down, Shaun of the Dead, the only zombie film I’ve ever properly enjoyed.

That is, until now. A new eight-part French series has altogether upended my prejudice. A smash hit when shown last year on the French pay channel Canal+, Les Revenants is this month’s must-see television drama.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment