Tuesday, June 18, 2013

James Franco Looks for $500,000 Worth of Crowd-Funding

James Franco arrives at the U.S. premiere of "Spring Breakers" at the SXSW Film Festival, on March 10, 2013, in Austin, Texas.
AP Images
Following in the crowd-funding campaign footsteps of "Veronica Mars" and Zach Braff, James Franco is trying to raise $500,000 to bankroll a trilogy of movies.

The actor has started a campaign on Indiegogo, a crowd-funding alternative to Kickstarter that allows people to keep the money they raise even if the project doesn't come to fruition. Franco isn't trying to direct the films; he's raising money so that a collection of young filmmakers can adapt his 2011 short story collection, "Palo Alto."

"Because of who I am, people often believe that it is easy to find investors and distributors for my films," Franco wrote. "Unfortunately, things aren't that easy. More times than not, I have put in my own money to produce my films and my student's films. However, this time it's different; We need more funding, I will still fund part of it but I need of your help, filming three feature films back-to-back requires more funding than I can give."

Read more


No comments:

Post a Comment