Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Does ‘The Walking Dead Overlap With Horror Genre?


I’ve always had a fascination with horror movies. In fact, one of the first things that piqued my interest in film making was reading about legendary makeup artist Jack Pierce, Lon Chaney, Jr., Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi and the Universal monster movies. Long before I’d seen any of the films, I knew far more about movie monster makeup and effects than any six-year-old probably should.

That’s one of the many reasons why playing Lex Luthor on an episode of Smallville was a dream come true. Not only can I say I’m one of only eight actors ever to portray the villain on film and television (and fans are united on that fact that my performance ranks a solid 8th), prepping for the role involved spending hours in a makeup chair as two artists transformed my body into a burn victim from the waist up. In a small way, I got to live out everything I had dreamed about as a kid.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment