Saturday, May 18, 2013

Deadly Fascination on Zombies




zombie

I recently enjoyed a Weekend of the Living Dead. It began with Apocalypse Z – ”an immersive theatrical experience” which involved being chased around Auckland’s Aotea Square by zombies.

”Sit back and enjoy the spectacle… or step up and become a hero,” the promo material said. I spend unhealthy amounts of time day-dreaming about what I’ll do in the happy event that the zombie apocalypse finally arrives. Here was my big chance.

But I mistook ”immersive” for ”interactive” and went into the show believing I could influence the outcome. It took me a while to figure out that my attempts at injecting myself into the script – ”kill that guy, he’s going to infect us all!” – were being ignored by the actors.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment